A Partey for the Other

27 November 2010

Ugh to start the day off, I'm having diarrhea.. Which is bad== But then, I have to strive to see this day positively as it was the day I am hosting a party for Vince's 21st birthday (trust me, he's never held one) as well as the day I've been waiting for to pass him his long awaited present.

The party starts at 7pm. I got up at 2pm to prepare almost everything alone as there was no one at home. Luckily there wasn't much to prepare as it was a small gathering of Spannar and Vince's family only.

Most ppl came on time (surprisingly). And food was served, mostly home made. Seriously I was so afraid I'd ruin everythn as it was also my first time preparing most of the food. But thank god, everythn was perfectly fine. Everyone enjoyed~ Which is what mattered most.

Everyone happily dined... and when wine came in, everyone wined of course. The red wine was thanks to Vince's family and whites were thanks to dad.

The food for... 15 ppl I think...

The Wines we finished over the party

So there we are, family members sat with family members, friends with friends, chatting away with food... Families bout life and jobs and children, friends with whatever bullshit they can think of to talk bout XD

Both our families at the living room

And the younger generation in the dining room


Spannar's own round table of animators









When 1st round was over with the food, it was all down to deserts and WINE!!! and still... all talk. Till it hit 11.30pm, it was cake session and the birthday boy's spotlight.


First his Family (his elder sis is not here)


Yes, it's all boys...


The end result when they were asked to run free


Just plain both of us
(Notice the candles in every picture gets shorter)

By the time the candles are about the reached the cake, a birthday song was sang and the candles are to be blown...


BLOW!~


and CUT (as if it hurts the cake)

Ok, I admit, for his 1st time, he sucked at cutting the cake too but again let's all forgive him. So our "old man" of the Spannar group (cuz he couldn't take it anymore) came to the rescue.

our "old man" of Spannar
(cutting the cake, from the OTHER side of the table)

With "old" Shaun helping to cut up the cake, Vince had practically nothing to do but to wait. I gave him an idea, so he did THIS :


For me...
Yea, lick his own name n bday wish

Friends who see it, shall all give this kinda face :



Vince actually forgot to serve family 1st with the cake as only friends were around the cake table. By the time he was giving it to his parents, Shaun n Wen San has already finished their cake. Well, we'll forgive him since it was his 1st party. Hahaha...

This is when I whooped out our All-Chipped-In-Birthday-Surprise for Vince just when he thought the party was all that. Yes!!! Thank you to Calvin, Shaun, Wen San, Kwan Yew, Amir, Johan and my brother for chipping in all together for this surprise.


The lil somethn I prepared much earlier in the week




It was the original box with the label n all but I din wanna spoil the surprise so
I COVERED it on ALL SIDES
with my own made wrapping paper


Yup, it was a Nikkor AF50mm f1.8 Prime Lens
That he always stared at thru the glass windows at the camera shop


A close up of the lens


Yes, the face that we aimed for (and we got it),
Speechless smile with no eyes to be seen.

As it was already past 12am, Vince's family left for home and mine got ready for bed. This was when all of Spannar had plan B, which is :


To hog my room?!
NAH! Hog my computer to see if there were any late night movies in any nearby cinemas


Calvin's usual : So how? when there were none.

They wanted to watch Rapunzel as we were all animators. (cept Amir who wanted to watch football more importantly) Plans failed. So? They moved on to Plan C :


Eat again, 2nd round ==


And bullshit somemore

So after eating, and wiping out almost my entire table, they finally moved on to their final plan, PLAN D, which is to :

HOG MY MAIN HALL N PLAY POKER!!!


Johan, the reluctant player

In tonight's poker, we have so many foreigners on the "floor". Coming from all directions to my house, just to play poker... with :

Congkak beads as 1
Guaci as 2

So let's introduce who's on the "floor" again, which is :


The squatting man from China


and the cowboys from Texas!!!
(don't be fooled)
(They're dumb enough to wear shades indoors)


So let's the game begin









We played past 3am till we decided to stop and that's when me n Vince (since parents are asleep) have to clean up that little bit more of the table n food. Later on, I was sick once again (Why me and why now). But thanks to everyone making things to happening, it was a fun night for me, and I now know what it's like to be a HOST of the PARTY~!


Today's Host of the Party
n Thanks for reading

No comments: