MyCATs on Day 1

4th December 2010

MyCATs - An international cat show held at PICC (Putrajaya International Convention Center) On this very fine day, over 200 cats are being brought here by their owners to compete whose the best among breeds. I have volunteered myself at a booth there which is PAWS, to help raise funds by selling merchandise as well as help abandoned and rescued felines get adopted.



Upon arriving, I saw how spectacular the interior of the convention center was. It was spacious, nicely designed and also COLD!!! I couldn't tahan, luckily I brought my trustee jacket with me.


The interior of the building

Booths for merchandise and cat items as well as cat care products were set up right outside the entrance to the competition ballroom.


Ever Clean Cat Litter


A pet shop's booth selling their kitty items

As I stepped in the main entrance of the ballroom, to the left I could see the competing counters, each holding bout 10 cats for one round of competition. To the right were all the cat owners with their cats in the tip top condition and tucked away into very comfy cages.


Left


Right

At the PAWS booth, I'd try to help raise funds by selling their merchandise as well as help abandoned and rescued felines get adopted. It was fun as I got to make new friends whom were all from a vet school. I also had the chance to play with any of the cats there that were brought all the way from PAWS in Subang in hope to get cat lovers here to adopt them. 10 cats were brought and 8 went out by the end of the day.

Merchandises for sale


4 y.o. Persian which didn't get adopted in the end
(rm400 adoption fee)


5 month old female kitten which didn't get adopted
(RM50 adoption fee)


2 y.o. Female Calico which was taken
(RM 30 adoption fee)


Vet students


Me playing with the cats

Every now and then I would take a break from getting the kittys adopted at the PAWS booth and walk into the competition with my camera. As you walk around, you notice these cats are all quite pampered. All being carried around like babies, as well as being groomed once taken out from their cages. Most were pedigrees, some were domestic house cats, and yet, all were equally beautiful.


Very very comfy inside these comfy cages...




It's ear are really born curled up that way




A persian getting hand fed...


And then I saw this lonely fella looking all sad when I look closer and...


WOAH! Sooooo damn cute. And yes, it's ears are ALSO born like tht.
The poor thing will look sad for life. LOLs...




A nice contestant rushing to get her cat ready for it's round
and yet upon seeing me, kindly stopped to let me take a picture
Thank you nice young woman!!!

As I strolled, I bumped into someone I knew - the auntie from the pet shop near my house. I've always seen her cats as well as her hundreds of ribbons that were hung from top to bottom in the pet shop, but I've never really seen her cats compete. Being asked, she proudly brought out her STAR our of all 12 cats she brought her to compete.


SHAUN!!!
The largest Maine Coon there in the competition


Ok, basically, the largest cat there already.


The ribbons he got on the 1st day...


Compared to the ribbons of others ==


Another one of her cats, the American Shorthair
Fur looking like a carpet, so tempted to touch it.

Walking over to the competitions, I got to take some cats upclose. Even really, actually it's not THAT close to the point that the cats feel agitated nor it's owner. They were mostly obedient and quiet, just staying in their cages, and waiting their turn to be placed on the judging counter.

At the side of each ring :


Ribbons hung all the way down for that round of cats to win

At the cages and cages and cages of cats :





Not sure what Rex is this cause it definitely isn't a Sphinx


The sturdy Abbysinnian

At the judging counter :



A sphinx being examined




Persian which looks like a bleached pillow












Giant guinea pig look-a-like (actually a persian)

As u can see by now, the competition is mostly flocked with persians (those grumpy looking ones with the flat face)So every corner I turn to are mostly replied by a grumpy looking cat. But then with all that, my all time favorite are still these few :


Persian din't flinch even when she flicked the feather


A close up, yea really grumpy...


Normal domestic looking cat, but watch...


As it stands with 2 legs for almost 10 secs!

Yup, so that's the end for day one on MyCATs. I left at round 8pm but I heard that it was held all the way till 10 +. Poor stressed out cats and cat owners, they had a long day, but still have another day to go tomorrow. As well as for me too.


A picture of me and him who went as well

Thank you for reading...

No comments: