Paper Snowflakes for Christmas

22 December 2010

Christmas is just around the corner and I've just went through my day yesterday with teaching the most interesting art class. Me and the children have been making paper snowflakes in conjunction for the upcoming christmas.


Them snowflakes...

This has led me to an idea, why not make my home a lil christmas-sy too. By hanging paper snowflakes here n there. So that's when me along with Vince, started to get to work with scissors and poster colors.


Vince working on the spraying



Real snowflakes have millions of patterns, never being the same for those that already have existed. My snowflakes don't shine or glitter, nor is it white but the same uniqueness is applied here, which is there are never 2 that have the same pattern. Each paper snowflake would have it's own unique shape and pattern by just having me simply cut a few shapes here n there.


The under layout itself is an art after being sprayed on.



All together there were 18 snowflakes before I finger started getting swollen and painful from holding the scissors too long. (cz I was doing all the cutting). I might do more in the days to come but I just have to stop now.

Before hanging them up, I had Vince sign the back of each snowflake, along with mine. Lastly I wrote Merry Christmas on each as well. Attaching them to their own individual string, every snowflake was then hung to mommy's plants outside, for everyone to see.

And if they were to hold it a lil while, turn it around, and take a quick peek, they just might imagine their happy neighbour wishing them,



A HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


PS : The most intriguing part in the process is when u see each pattern come to a beauty as u open them up slowly after cutting weird shapes on the paper.

1 comment:

Henry Lee said...

cool paper snowflakes... well done! :)